TunGHuA508 同学会交流论坛
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Competitive DotA

+3
seng
WHO AM I?
Harch
7 posters

向下

Competitive DotA Empty Competitive DotA

帖子 由 Harch 2008-02-06, 1:45 pm

At this thread I will show you what happen in DotA around the world.
Harch
Harch
小有名气
小有名气

男
帖子数 : 177
年龄 : 33
地点 : Sibu~~
职业/爱好 : Play DotA! :D
注册日期 : 08-01-17

返回页首 向下

Competitive DotA Empty MYM PriDe Defending #9: Qualifier And Seeded Teams

帖子 由 Harch 2008-02-06, 1:46 pm

MYM PriDe Defending #9: Qualifier And Seeded Teams

Competitive DotA Prime9ed2

It's done again. Our admins did an amazing job, preparing the qualifiers and carefully choosing the seeded teams. MYMYM.com will now present you the brackets and a list of the teams that directly advanced to the group stage due to having obtained good results in the past tournaments and other leagues. This time more than a whopping 550 teams signed up and will fight for glory and the prizes.

Qualifiers:

West European + African Qualifier
East European Qualifier
Asian + Oceanic Qualifier
American Qualifier

Seedings:

Competitive DotA 13587084hh4te5

Virtus.Pro had become winner of MYM Prime Defend for three times! So what MYM gonna do agains Virtus.Pro? We shall see.
Harch
Harch
小有名气
小有名气

男

返回页首 向下

Competitive DotA Empty 回复: Competitive DotA

帖子 由 WHO AM I? 2008-02-06, 1:56 pm

so i don't understand.is this an international tournament?
WHO AM I?
WHO AM I?
同学会好友
同学会好友

女
帖子数 : 2525
年龄 : 32
地点 : somewhere out there
职业/爱好 : sleeping * sms-ing * pc-ing * no more
性格 : u wont wanna noe
注册日期 : 08-01-18

返回页首 向下

帖子 由 Harch 2008-02-06, 2:08 pm

Yes, this is an international tournament that many pro teams participate :D
Harch
Harch
小有名气
小有名气

男

返回页首 向下

帖子 由 WHO AM I? 2008-02-06, 2:58 pm

which country win?
WHO AM I?
WHO AM I?
同学会好友
同学会好友

女

返回页首 向下

帖子 由 Harch 2008-02-06, 5:25 pm

This tournament is for team, not only for country.

Recently, got a tournament called MYM Prime Nation, which is only for country. Each country choose the best player to participate.
Harch
Harch
小有名气
小有名气

男

返回页首 向下

帖子 由 WHO AM I? 2008-02-06, 5:57 pm

which team win?every team is from same country bah..
WHO AM I?
WHO AM I?
同学会好友
同学会好友

女

返回页首 向下

帖子 由 Harch 2008-02-07, 1:18 am

Both tournament included many country! So it was a hard fought that worth to watch! Competitive DotA 736236
Harch
Harch
小有名气
小有名气

男

返回页首 向下

帖子 由 WHO AM I? 2008-02-07, 10:40 am

i wan the replay!!
WHO AM I?
WHO AM I?
同学会好友
同学会好友

女

返回页首 向下

帖子 由 seng 2008-02-08, 2:18 pm

i like ks malaysia Competitive DotA 160772
seng
seng
同学会VIP兼超级版主
同学会VIP兼超级版主

男
帖子数 : 408
地点 : Sibu
职业/爱好 : Student
注册日期 : 08-01-16

返回页首 向下

帖子 由 WHO AM I? 2008-02-08, 3:28 pm

不爱国的人。。。跟我一样 哈哈
WHO AM I?
WHO AM I?
同学会好友
同学会好友

女

返回页首 向下

帖子 由 seng 2008-02-08, 4:30 pm

ks is the team of malaysia la Competitive DotA 454155
seng
seng
同学会VIP兼超级版主
同学会VIP兼超级版主

男
帖子数 : 408
职业/爱好 : Student
注册日期 : 08-01-16

返回页首 向下

帖子 由 Harch 2008-02-08, 6:04 pm

KS is malaysia team, known as KingSurf. This team become very famous because they got 3rd runner up in MYM Pride Defend 8! Such a great team that we should proud of them!
Harch
Harch
小有名气
小有名气

男

返回页首 向下

帖子 由 WHO AM I? 2008-02-08, 7:42 pm

O.o waseh...if they use the time of playing dota to study,they might get a PHD Competitive DotA 389637
WHO AM I?
WHO AM I?
同学会好友
同学会好友

女

返回页首 向下

帖子 由 Harch 2008-02-09, 12:31 am

Hey hey, this section is about DotA, ok?
Harch
Harch
小有名气
小有名气

男

返回页首 向下

帖子 由 WHO AM I? 2008-02-09, 8:48 am

alo alo...Harch i am wrong la~ Competitive DotA 389637
WHO AM I?
WHO AM I?
同学会好友
同学会好友

女

返回页首 向下

帖子 由 Harch 2008-02-09, 11:56 pm

Competitive DotA Analani02vq3

What really owns?

So, what really owns now, and makes one team win over another? Idecided to think over these questions from my point of view. You candiscuss skirmishes, pushes, defenses, strategies and farming as much asyou want – but to me, there are two answers – stuns and blinks. Why isthis the case?

1. Stun

Lets go back in time forabout 2-3 years, when me and a lot of other (russian) DotA-playersassembled at blizzard.ru. At that time local players invented the “massstun” strategy, something like Centaur+Maiden+Sven+Silencer(when he hadgolems)+Panda(no stun but clap owned). Those guys just calculated thedamage from stuns, taking away hero resistance, and understood that atlvl 7 no hero can survive, which means that it owns! At that timeNOBODY understood why it worked so good, stun is not only damage andthe possibility for another hero to stun, but it also gives you timefor physical damage output – by just attacking.

At present thisis obvious, and this is strong. Even the shortest stuns(0,5 sec forexample) you can strike one more time and strafe to make 1-2 morestrikes. So – as the longer the stun is, the more strikes and morestrafes you can make. A hero with 600 range that begins attacking histarget at melee range can do a lot of damage before the target runsaway. Of course, this depends on move speed of both heroes, animationof the attacker, both heroes items and other factors, but the factremains certain – ranged heroes with stun can do a lot of damage afterthe stun finishes – strafing and striking again. Why VP (not only VPnow) usually win their lanes is because we had this knowledge – we werethe first to learn how to do this, we abused it early and still abuseit now. Some teams shared our experience, MYM was even using "our"strategies. The benefit of stun is that while target is stunned u canstrike it, and most of damage in DotA before 5x5 battles begin is doneby hands(except some Power Nukers like Zeus, Lina, Lion and few more),so in any 1x2, 2x2 battle stun damage does not do much effect – itsduration is much more important.

2. Blink

Accordingly– the best counter to stun is blink. Blink can save you from almostanything that can be a threat to you in DotA - there are a lot ofdifferent spells in DotA except stuns, and most of them can be avoidedusing blink. Blink is a counter to any of your rivals plans, if yourenemy does not have blink, and you do - it becomes really imbalanced.

So,it is consistent that heroes that have blink as a skill are extremelypowerful – they don’t have to waste 2150 and slot to buy dagger andeven more abnormal and strange is that those heroes have powerfulspells - by these heroes I mean Queen of Pain and Priestess of the Moon(also Puck red.). There are a lot of heroes that neither have nukes norblink – and I don’t see what use you can make of them. Also any heroonly with a nuke – Death Prophet for example – is a lot worse than herowith blink and at least one useful spell.

Another example of notso standard hero, that can be useful and even strong enough in somesituations – morphling – owner of strange blink with high mana cost andbig cd. It damages, but still is much less handy that QOP’s blink orPOTM’s jump. But, even this strange hero comparing to DP is better –because he does have blink, though crappy one. It allows not only toescape, but to chase, that is very important too…

Antimage israrely used in clan wars or tournaments - partly because people don’twant to generate new ideas and strategies, and because at present weplay A***L mode that is a bit unfair for some heroes. AM just needs alineup that can make some of the enemy heroes run – when that happensit's only the matter of time for Magina to kill them. Unfortunately, inA***L such heroes often get banned, or the opponent picks them – I meandifferent aoe-stunners-damagers, like zeus and warlock.

AtDota-Allstars.com people asked; why did MYM ban QOP and POTM when we(VP) had first pick in finals – while everybody knows, that MYM doeshave players that can play both of those heroes very well. The answeris obvious – they did not want us to pick either of these overpoweredheroes. We, in our turn, were surprised by ourselves, how we didn't banPotM when MYM had first pick.

Akasha can be a subject forseparate discussion, because her blink, along with other her spells,makes her a really unique hero, so unique, that frankly speaking, sheneeds a lot of nerfing.

The only thing that absolutely countersblink dagger is hex, if we talk about the blink skill – hex andsilence. Heroes with silence are almost useless (while puck is banned),heroes with hex are not any good either. Rhasta is strange hero, toolittle hp while his spells force him to be in the middle of the combat,and attempts to pick Lion – all of you have seen them, all of them wereunsuccessful, neither our, nor MYM and KS. Maybe we did somethingwrong, but its more likely he is not strong enough for serious games.

Atpresent time 90% of all heroes buy blink. Only those that don’t have touse a lot of skills during the fight don't need it, they just casttheir spells at the start of the battle and after that they aren't asuseful anymore, it doesn't matter for their team if they are dead oralive - warlock is a good example, he can play without blink dagger. Ateam with 5 blinks is almost always stronger than one with 3 blinks.

So,to counter blink which costs 2150 or only 60 mana if u have it as askill – you need to buy guinsoo, which costs 3 times more! Balance? Atleast mana cost should be risen significantly.

Our team was thefirst to use mass-stuns and mass-blinks, it was the main reason wedominated half a year back, and it is the reason why we can’t win soeasy now. Of course we have high-skilled players, and a good roster,but we are not cyborgs and not from Mars, currently there are guys thatplay on the same level. They shared our experience, and can now give usa battle, of course I speak about MYM first and foremost, but ifnothing will change at competitive scene there will be about 10 moreteams to conquer in near future.

3. Some observations

Inthe end I’d like to say few words about nukes. Heroes, that only nuke,without invis/stun/blink are useless with the only exception of zeus.All other nukers have stun or blink or both of them, sometimesinvisibility - but invis is much less useful nowadays too. With theexception of NA of course, but he also has stun and the weapon of heavyharassment – mana burn. All other spell casters are never picked!

Todaysome guys asked me, what will be the new hype after mass-stuns andblink? A long time ago it was the mass-ults strategy (Faceless,Timestop/Magnus, Reverse Polarity) , later push-strategies (Chen,Syllabear), what will be the next big thing? And my answer is –nothing! Nothing will own, because if DotA doesn't change significantly– I mean changing the fact of blink and stun in DotA, which is alreadyso familiar to us – there will be no better tactic, stun/blink/nukewill be the future of DotA for a long time.

Hope you enjoyed this article!

Written by Virtus.NS
Translated by lamocomp
Source : http://prodota.ru/
Harch
Harch
小有名气
小有名气

男

返回页首 向下

帖子 由 RaxeR 2008-03-01, 5:02 pm

No ppl Hiu Kutu , wakakakakka ! haiya ... so simple ma .... wan become pro = play v me bah ... keke ... show u wat is pro style :)

RaxeR
宝宝
宝宝

男
帖子数 : 4
职业/爱好 : Students , gamers
注册日期 : 08-02-20

返回页首 向下

帖子 由 Harch 2008-03-01, 6:11 pm